"I have a dream,
but it needs the union
of many; I want to set up
a chocolate factory "
Jose Jesús Restrepo
José Jesús Restrepo & Cía partnership is created between José Jesús Restrepo Botero and Alfredo Restrepo Jaramillo
The first Luker solid bar drinking chocolate was produced in Manizales
The company expands operations and buys the chocolate makers Vélez y Vásquez and the chocolate factories La Herradura in Medellín and Quesada in Bogotá.
Luker Chocolate builds its factory in Bogotá and transfers production to the capital.
Granja Luker is created as a centre of cocoa research and training for farmers.
The portfolio is expanded and machinery is bought for the extraction of cocoa butter, powdered sugar and cocoa processing.
Luker Foundation was founded in Manizales
The International Cocoa Organization (ICCO) includes Colombia in its list of Cacao Fino de Aroma producing and exporting countries.
Began exporting raw material for the chocolate industry to Russia.
- The Food Ingredients division is created to supply products for the food and restaurant industry.
- Luker Chocolate 1906 and Luker Chocolate Cacao were launched
- Belgium sales office was set up in order to attend european market
- Products for the international ingredients market are produced such as specialty chocolates, industrial fruit concentrates and baking ingredients
- Our first planting project of Cacao Fino de Aroma in the country is implemented in Necoclí, Antioquia with 550 hectares of agroforestry system.
- CasaLuker Maracas was launched
- In a multi-disciplinary effort with CIAT and Yale Universitity we discovered 14 cocoa genomes
- Luker Chocolate wins the national exports prize granted by ANALDEX and PROCOLOMBIA, for 19 years of competitiveness, innovation and exportation
- New products are launched on the international market: Powdered panela and chocolates made with panela.
- The Chocolate Dream is born, a global movement committed to build a disruptive social innovation initiative: create a new model of sustainable development based on the cocoa value chain.
- Luker Chocolate consolidates a business exporting to more than 35 countries through distributors in 25 countries
- 1000 new hectares of cocoa are sown in Casanare.
- The first alliance with USAID is made.